Re: [HTCondor-users] best way to append WANT_HOLD reason

I do something similar with the start _expression_, and the trick is simply a nested set of conditional expressions. Instead of âundefinedâ in your example, youâd have another ifThenElse, creating whatâs essentially a switch statement.

You can nest them by self-reference:

Want_hold_reason = undefined

Want_hold_reason = ifThenElse( $(Memory_exceeded), âmemory exceededâ, $(Want_hold_reason) )

Want_hold_reason = ifThenElse( $(Cpu_exceeded), âcpu allocation exceededâ, $(Want_hold_reason) )

This allows you to spread the settings across multiple config files.

Michael V Pelletier

Principal Engineer

Raytheon Technologies

Digital Technology