[HTCondor-users] HTCondor 9.1

Hi Everyone and thanks for everyone's help in advance!

We have recently upgraded from a very old install of 7.6 to 9.1 on ubuntu 18.04 by basically blowing away everything old (uninstall, remove systemctl, delete "condor user" from all machines) and then followingÂhttps://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting-htcondor/admin-quick-start.html.

* Starting with a basic setup (3 Machines, 3 roles)Â+ NAS mounted on all machines.Â
* Vanilla universe Jobs read/write to and from the NASÂ

Question 1 - Why are slots apearing as "localhost" and not the machineÂname they are actually on?
lyle@tuna:~$ condor_status
Name      ÂOpSys   ÂArch  State   Activity LoadAv Mem  ActvtyTime

slot1@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:39
slot2@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:36
slot3@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:33
slot4@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:32
slot5@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:31
slot6@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:42
slot7@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:41
slot8@localhost LINUX   ÂX86_64 Unclaimed Idle   Â0.000 1990 Â0+00:30:41

Question 2 - Files are written as nobody:nouser, how can we change this?Â
Problem here is that the written files are unreadable/unwriteable to the submitterÂ

Tried this but did not workÂ
http://personalpages.to.infn.it/~gariazzo/htcondor/concepts.html#perms

Thanks, Lyle

--
AE CAPITAL
Ground Floor, 555 Bourke Street, Melbourne AustraliaÂ3000

p +61 3 9020 7801
m +61 (0)434 872 054
w http://www.aecapital.com.au

AE Capital Pty Limited (ACN 153 242 865) is regulated by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission and is a Corporate Authorised Representative of JFM Pty Limited (ACN 125 150 656), holder of an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL 314585). AE Capital Pty Limited is a member of the National Futures Association (ID 0498660).