[HTCondor-users] Docker (Universe) installation & setup

Hi All,

I am studying the HTCondor Admin Manual to understand how to set up a cycle-scavenging pool here in Exeter. Since the execute machines are Linux workstations that others have root access to, I wasn’t sure how comfortable folks would be having
password-less Docker sudo permission to start the container as root.” It seems that running Docker root-less means forfeiting a bunch of the security protocols the engine uses to keep stuff properly contained.

When running a workstation pool using machines owned by others, what are the best practices for running containers because my readings are giving me mixed messages?

Many thanks,

Matt