[HTCondor-users] HTCondor-CE port 9619 is not working

Dear HTCondor Experts,

It's Prasun from Kolkata, India.

Our HTCondor-ce, i.e. kolkata-condor-ce.tier2-kol.res.in (CE of ALICE T2), port is not working.

==================
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]# condor_ce_status -schedd -pool kolkata-condor-ce.tier2-kol.res.in:9619
Error: communication error
CEDAR:6001:Failed to connect to <144.16.112.10:9619>
Error: Couldn't contact the condor_collector on
kolkata-condor-ce.tier2-kol.res.in (<144.16.112.10:9619>).

Extra Info: the condor_collector is a process that runs on the central
manager of your Condor pool and collects the status of all the machines and
jobs in the Condor pool. The condor_collector might not be running, it might
be refusing to communicate with you, there might be a network problem, or
there may be some other problem. Check with your system administrator to fix
this problem.

If you are the system administrator, check that the condor_collector is
running on kolkata-condor-ce.tier2-kol.res.in (<144.16.112.10:9619>), check
the ALLOW/DENY configuration in your condor_config, and check the MasterLog
and CollectorLog files in your log directory for possible clues as to why the
condor_collector is not responding. Also see the Troubleshooting section of
the manual.
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]#
============

[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]# nc -v kolkata-condor-ce.tier2-kol.res.in 9619
Ncat: Version 7.50 ( https://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Connection refused.
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]#
================

Also, when I restart the condor-ce daemon, it takes too much time. However, condor daemon are restart within a fraction.
There are following condor daemon running on kolkata-condor-ce:-
=================
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]# condor_config_val DAEMON_LIST
MASTER SCHEDD
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]# condor_ce_config_val DAEMON_LIST
MASTER COLLECTOR SCHEDD JOB_ROUTER, CEVIEW, GANGLIAD, SCHEDD
[root@kolkata-condor-ce ~]#

Another case is that when we reconfig condor-ce, it say "Can't connect to local master".
We had also check MasterLog, SchedLog of condor-ce, but there are no any specific type of error.

So, please help how to resolve this issue.

--
Prasun Singh Roy
(Technician / F)