From: HTCondor-users [htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Todd Tannenbaum [tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2021 9:30 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Do you use GSI? See our plan to replace the Grid Community Toolkit in HTCondor

Hi folks

We are working to retire the use of the Grid Community Toolkit libraries (or GCT, which is a fork of the former Globus Toolkit) in the HTCondor Software Suite. Functionality provided by the GCT, such as GSI authentication, is rapidly being replaced by the use of IDTOKENS, SciTokens, and plain SSL within the ecosystem.

Especially if your organization relies on GSI, please see

     https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=PlanToReplaceGridCommunityToolkit

for details on our timeline and milestones for replacing GCT in HTCondor and the HTCondor-CE.

Thank you,
Todd Tannenbaum

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx>  University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing    Department of Computer Sciences