Re: [HTCondor-users] slow creation of condor_shadow processes

Mainly condor_sched ..

If we are keeping file descriptor limit at 10K for schedd, does that mean we can only start 10K jobs simultaneously as it will not allow us to create more network sockets? However behaviour is different during the testing I found it's allowing muchÂmore jobs to start.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikrant Aggarwal

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 12:06 AM Todd L Miller <tlmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any thoughts where condor is using so many FDs?

    It depends on which part of HTCondor you're talking about, but
it's almost certainly all network sockets.

- ToddM