[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.9.12 Released
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 17:25:37 -0500
- From: Tim Theisen <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor 8.9.12 Released
The HTCondor team is pleased to announce the release of HTCondor 8.9.12.
This development series release contains new features that are under
development. This release contains all of the bug fixes from the 8.8.13
WARNING: We have changed the default security model in this release. It is
not a drop-in replacement for any earlier release. Please read the notes
before proceeding with an upgrade. Manual intervention may be required.
Enhancements in the release include:
- Host based security is no longer the default security model
- Hardware accelerated integrity and AES encryption used by default
- Normally, AES encryption is used for all communication and file transfers
- Fallback to Triple-DES or Blowfish when interoperating with older versions
- Simplified and automated new HTCondor installations
- HTCondor now detects instances of multi-instance GPUs
- Fixed memory leaks (collector updates in 8.9 could leak a few MB per day)
- Many other enhancements and bug fixes, see version history for details
A complete list of new features and fixed bugs can be found in the version
Try out our new helpful installation scripts, see the documentation at
Thank you for your interest in HTCondor!
- The HTCondor Team