Re: [HTCondor-users] Default job transforms

On Mar 25, 2021, at 10:08 AM, Weatherby,Gerard <gweatherby@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

We would like to default Condor submissions to machines in the same group by default but allow the user to override the setting in their job file if desired.

It seems like Job Transforms are the way to do that, and I am trying to Monkey See, Monkey Do the example in https://agenda.hep.wisc.edu/event/1325/contributions/5428/attachments/1398/1560/TJs_Schedd_Transforms_Condor_Week_2019.pptx

If I understand the presentation correctly, I should have:

START = TRUE
SUSPEND = FALSE
PREEMPT = FALSE
KILL = FALSE

DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, STARTD, SCHEDD
SCHEDD_RESTART_REPORT=

#slide 11
SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES = $(SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_NAMES) CheckExp
SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_CheckExp = \
 JobUniverse == 7 || Experiment isnt undefined
SUBMIT_REQUIREMENT_CheckExp_REASON = \
 "submissions must have +Experiment"

#slide 13
JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = $(JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES) SetExp
JOB_TRANSFORM_SetExp @=end
[
 Requirements = JobUniverse != 7 && Experiment is undefined
 set_Experiment = "CHTC";
]
@end

in a file (/etc/condor/config.d/20_host.conf in our case).

Questions:
  1. Is the "submissions must have +Experimentâ message supposed to appear somewhere if the job doesnât have an experiment?

    2. When I try running a job without an âExperimentâ defined it fails â isnât the slide 13 stanza supposed to address that?

Version info:
htcondor/bionic,now 8.8.12-1+b1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
os is Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Youâre missing a semicolon at the end of the Requirements line of your job transform.
In the ClassAds format for job transforms (often referred to as ânewâ ClassAds format), each name/value pair must be followed by a semicolon.

With just the submit requirement, you will see the reason string in the output of condor_submit. When you add the job transform, then the submit requirement should never fail.

Thanks and regards,
Jaime Frey
UW-Madison HTCondor Project