Re: [HTCondor-users] A couple of questions regarding running jobs with docker containers (Q2)

Jose/Greg:

Thanks for posting this since it contained enough information for me to follow a hunch. In the cloud, hostnames can get quite long to promote uniqueness. I believe a docker hostname exceeding 63 characters will throw this message even though it would be potentially valid in a bare metal linux environment:

Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:367: starting container process caused: process_linux.go:495: container init caused: sethostname: invalid argument: unknown
Error: failed to start containers: 3db6ad0295255f0f9d3203a2d7fa26aae2f7a2fe8481be21a0f07603256f8d65

Posting this for the Google hits. I'll follow up with a proper support ticket.

Tom