Re: [HTCondor-users] class ad logic with undef (non-)equal

Hi TJ,

thanks for the explanation!
Then I will stick to
  regexp("strfoo", MyAdd ?: "" )
to avoid any undefined corners.

Cheers and thanks,
  Thomas

On 12/05/2021 16.13, John M Knoeller wrote:
Yes, the ?: "operator" works when the first argument is a function, so

 Â Âfn(x) ?: y

will return the result of evaluating fn(x) if it isn't undefined and y otherwise. But you need to write the expressions so that if f(x) is a boolean then y is also a boolean. Âso this

 Âregexp("strfoo",MyAdd) ?: ""

Should probably be this instead

 Âregexp("strfoo",MyAdd) ?: false

Or you could put the ?: inside the function call to make sure that the regular expression check never returns undefined

 Âregexp("strfoo", MyAdd ?: "" )

-tj