Re: [HTCondor-users] Input/Output file transfers & shared filesystems

Hi Petr,

When you say "automatically transfer files from non-shared areas" are
you expecting it to look automatically in certain areas? Currently
there's no way to do this exclusive to file transfer. You need to use
the following:

transfer_input_files = /tmp/file1, /tmp/file2, ...

You could use the initialdir submit command, but then condor will
expect all your other files (executable, output, log, etc.) to also be
relative to that directory:

initialdir = /tmp
transfer_input_files = file1, file2

There's no way to exclude directories from the file transfer list.
Although I'm not sure why you need to? If the worker nodes have access
to the shared FS, you can just assume that any files you need will
already be there, you don't need to add them to the input file list.

Can you explain more what you're trying to do here?

Mark