From: Dudu Handelman <duduhandelman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 13 March 2021 00:59
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Swap and Docker

Thanks Greg.
I will give it a try by activate swap.

Thank you

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2021, 18:03
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 3/10/21 1:15 AM, duduhandelman@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,
Is it possible to use swap with Docker universe?

Many Thanks
David,

When HTCondor runs a docker universe job, it passes the command line parameter "-mem " to the equivalent of docker run, and gives it the memory allocated to the slot, which is roughly the value of "Request_memory" in the submit file.  This is the physical memory that docker will use for the job.  If the job tries to allocate more than that, the kernel will push the rest to paging/swap space, assuming you have swap configured on your system.

-greg