Re: [HTCondor-users] GPU benchmarking

On 5/20/2021 8:56 AM, Martin Sajdl wrote:
Hi!

we have a cluster of nodes with GPUs and we would need to set a benchmark number for each slot with GPU to be able to correctly control jobs ranking - start a job on the most powerful GPU available.
Do someone use or know a GPU benchmark tool? Ideally multi-platform (Linux, Windows)...

Hi Martin,

Just a quick thought:

While it is not strictly a benchmark, perhaps a decent proxy would be to use the CUDACapability attribute that is likely already present in each slot with a GPU (assuming they are NVIDIA gpus, that is).

You could enter the following condor_status command to see if you feel that CUDACapability makes intuitive sense as a performance metric on your pool:

    condor_status -cons 'gpus>0' -sort CUDACapability -af name CudaCapability CudaDevicename

Hope the above helps
Todd