[HTCondor-users] Replacing the Email-List

Hi All,

Having raised this a few times at HTCondor/OSG meetings, I want to put it to the list: we should retire The List. While the new v9.0 docs are great, there is so much wisdom bound up in the email list but very difficult to get at and hard to know whether any of it is relevant anymore.

My preferred platform is Discourse, which is free and open source. It also as a free initial level hosting service for open-source projects if folks didn't want to manage the webserver.

There are benefits to email communication but for community discussion and archiving knowledge, it really leaves much to be desired IMHO. Here is a good discussion hosted on Discourse's own meta-forum that discusses the pros and cons of giving up on the email-thread.

Cheers,
Matt