From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Sam Copeland <SCopeland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 17:08
To: 'htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] PREEMPTION_RANK undefined variables

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the tips on the ifThenElse() replacement.

Yes, it is always the same for all negotiator evaluations for the PREEMPTION_RANK. RemoteUserPrio and TotalJobRunTime are always undefined. However, the PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS works fine.

Thanks,

Sam

Hi Sam,

I'm not sure why RemoteUserPrio and TotalJobRunTime would be undefined, is this always the case for every slot that the negotiator evaluates?

FYI, there is a more compact syntax for ifThenElse(undefined(foo), bar, foo):

(foo ?: bar)

For example, the left half of your _expression_ could be:

(RemoteUserPrio ?: 0)*1000000

Finally, I doubt this solves the issue, but there are some other attributes that might be useful listed in the Priorities in Negotiation and Preemption section of the manual: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/user-priorities-negotiation.html#priorities-in-negotiation-and-preemption

Jason Patton