[HTCondor-users] Preemption very slow?

Hi,

I have setup my PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS variable in my central manager and my machine config file with

use POLICY : PREEMPT_IF_MEMORY_EXCEEDED

WANT_VACATE = FALSE

WANT_SUSPEND = FALSE

PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS = (SubmitterGroupResourcesInUse < SubmitterGroupQuota) && (ifThenElse(isUndefined(RemoteGroupResourcesInUse),1000000,RemoteGroupResourcesInUse) > ifThenElse(isUndefined(RemoteGroupQuota),0,RemoteGroupQuota))

To test, I am submitting many jobs to a group where quota is zero but accept_surplus is true until the resources available are maxed out. Then, I am submitting jobs to a group where the quota is greater than 0. Jobs are evicted from the first batch (that’s over its quota), but they are evicted very slowly, one at a time, every 30 seconds or so.

Why is it so slow? Is there a way to speed it up? Is it only able to evict one job per negotiation cycle?

Thanks,

Sam

This communication (both the message and any attachments or links) is confidential and only intended for the use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed unless we have expressly authorized otherwise. It also may contain information that is protected by solicitor-client privilege. If you are reading this communication and are not an addressee or authorized representative of an addressee, we hereby notify you that any distribution, copying or other use of it without our express authorization is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete both the message and any attachments from your system and notify us immediately by e-mail or phone. In addition, we note that this communication and its transmission of data have not been secured by encryption. Therefore, we are not able to confirm or guarantee that the communication has not been intercepted, amended, or read by an unintended third party.