Re: [HTCondor-users] Negotiator only allocating 1 job per machine per cycle

On 9/1/21 2:20 PM, Valdes, Julio wrote:

Hello Todd:

Excuse me for sliding myself into the discussion that you have with Kneller and Ho.

My big need and question is how to send a given number of jobs to a specific machine.

For example: I have 20 jobs to submit but I want 4 to go to machine A, 7 to machine B and so on.

I assume that the number of cores of a given machine has to be less or equal to the number of jobs assigned to it, but correct me if I am wrong.

Can we get a few more details about your requirements? e.g. Do you want only (I assume "at most") 4 jobs from any user of any kind of job to ever run at the same time on machine A? What are the cpu & memory requirements for these jobs?

-greg