Re: [HTCondor-users] How to tie slots to cpus ?

Thank you Greg and Tom for your suggestions, I will test them ASAP.

Regards.

On Fri, 2021-09-03 at 11:07 -0500, tpdownes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I think it's worth adding to Greg's response that I don't believe ASSIGN_CPU_AFFINITY will, all on its own, map jobs to NUMA nodes. I believe your best bet here is to create N partitionable slots, with N equal to the number of physical CPUs you have. Then combine ASSIGN_CPU_AFFINITY and SLOT<N>_CPU_AFFINITY so that each slot is mapped to NUMA nodes.

If you want to polish the doorknob, you should also look into setting cgroup cpusets on HTCondor so that it has "exclusive" access where it can and that the other top-level cgroups (e.g. system.slice) do not have access to very many cores. There obviously has to be some overlap unless you're willing to reduce the # of cores available to HTCondor.

PS: you should consider reducing the "cpuquota" available to HTCondor in its cgroup. It's always good to have 0.25 core available for ssh!

Tom

On Fri, Sep 3, 2021 at 11:00 AM Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However I don't want to run HTCondor as root, is there a way to tell
> HTCondor to use only one cpu for all the threads in a process while not
> running as root?

The ASSIGN_CPU_AFFINITY will work as non-root.

-greg