[HTCondor-users] Backfill on an OpenStack system

Hi All,

Here at Exeter, IT is setting up an OpenStack system to support researchers who want DRAM heavy bespoke workstation-like environments. Because I don't expect the system to be full up with active users 24/7, I am wondering what the optimal way to setup an HTCondor pool on it to run jobs as backfill. Would this be similar to how you would do it for any other spare resources: have a VM start up on a node and announce itself to the collector daemon as an available worker if idle conditions of the machine are met?

It reminds me of the method to expand one's resources into corporate cloud servers but I am not sure what tools are useful in this case.

Cheers,
Matt