Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem in running parallel program

Hi again,

separate reply as this is a different topic and may result in a different thread.

On 22.09.21 13:57, Rajagopala Reddy Seelam wrote:
Another request: Is it possible to hold a job until its preceding job (with job id 123) is completed? PBS has such possibility.

*qsub* *-W* *depend=afterok:123 m1.sub
*

I see condor_hold option. I have to manually release the job to queue with
condor_release.

I would look into "dagman" where you can define dependencies between jobs

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/users-manual/dagman-workflows.html

I.e. you can define that jobs A, B and C need to finish before job D can start.

Is this what you are looking at?

Cheers

carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
CallinstraÃe 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185