Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem in running parallel program

Hi Carsten

Thank you very much for your email.

just a random guess, if you see 20 free slots, you probably have defined 20 slots with 1 CPU core each.
I took the installation instructions from here. I have not changed any configurations while installing.

Try using a single partition-able slot, e.g.
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â= 1
SLOT_TYPE_1Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â = cpus=100%, ram=100%, swap=0%
SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLEÂ Â Â Â = True

If you dont mind, I need further assistance here. When I include these instructions in the submission script, condor returns

WARNING: the line 'SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = True' was unused by condor_submit. Is it a typo?
WARNING: the line 'SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpus=100%, ram=100%, swap=0%' was unused by condor_submit. Is it a typo?
WARNING: the line 'NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1' was unused by condor_submit. Is it a typo?

It seems I need to use these instructions at the time of installation. I request you to help me.

Regards
Rajagopal

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 5:40 PM Carsten Aulbert <carsten.aulbert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

On 22.09.21 13:57, Rajagopala Reddy Seelam wrote:
> I have installed HTCondor in an workstation with 20 cores. The
> installation went well and *condor_status* returns 20 free slots. I
> could successfully run the examples given in the quick start manual.
> Thank you very much for the program.

just a random guess, if you see 20 free slots, you probably have defined
 20 slots with 1 CPU core each. This would explain, why request_cpus =
1 works but request_cpus = 16 does not.

Try using a single partition-able slot, e.g.

NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â= 1
SLOT_TYPE_1Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â = cpus=100%, ram=100%, swap=0%
SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLEÂ Â Â Â = True

I am a bit unsure about the "local" universe you use as this usually
means the job is not run via startd but by the schedd (others please
correct me if I am wrong).

For initial testing, I would try using

universe = vanilla

I hope/guess it will work then.

Cheers

Carsten
--
Dr. Carsten Aulbert, Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics,
CallinstraÃe 38, 30167 Hannover, Germany, Phone +49 511 762 17185

--
Rajagopala R. Seelam,
Assistant Professor,