Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 16:40:35 +0000
From: John M Knoeller <johnkn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Problems Defining Additional Slot Types

When you define NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1, the default type 0 slot will be disabled, so you would still only have one slot type.   I would expect that with a config of

NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = $(MEMORY)/16384
SLOT_TYPE_1 = ram=16384

you would end up with 12 slots, each having 16384 Mb of memory.

If you don't configure NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1,  then SL0T_TYPE_1 will be ignored.
Note I used NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 , not NUM_SLOT_TYPE_1.   plural, not singular.

Similarly, the knob for setting the number of cpus is NUM_CPUS,  not NUM_CPU.

-tj