Re: [HTCondor-users] Compress output/error/log files at the end of the job

Hi David,

as long as you don't do any seeks in the output streams, maybe pipes
could work, i.e., create locally in each job/worker named pipes to write
the streams to - and then read and pipe the named pipe through zcat
compressed on to the shared file system.
A problem will probably, that the streams might already produce output
before a wrapper could set up pipes - maybe a preCmd could work?? (have
not tried it tbh)

Cheers,
  Thomas