[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [HTCondor-users] Subgroups and GROUP_SORT_EXPR
- Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:36:30 -0500
- From: Greg Thain <gthain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Subgroups and GROUP_SORT_EXPR
On 4/21/22 04:15, Fischer, Max (SCC) wrote:
We basically use the default `GROUP_SORT_EXPR`, i.e. the groups are ranked by "relative satisfied quota" of `GroupResourcesInUse/GroupQuota`. Our assumption was that this should even out things to converge towards the share, but this seems to be wrong â and I'd like to understand why.
Knobs, knobs, knobs question time first!
- Do subgroups get sorted by `GROUP_SORT_EXPR` based on their parent groups in some way? Can we somehow use parent group information for sorting subgroups?
GROUP_SORT_EXPR is not subgroup-aware, it sorts all the subgroups
globally, unaware of their hierarchy in the tree.
"user" priorities only take place inside of groups.Â HTCondor first
computes an upper-bound on the amount of resources any given group
gets.Â Then, the users within that group get fair share of that
upper-bound based on their userprio.
- Do user priorities, `PRIORITY_HALFLIFE`, ... take effect only *inside* or also *across* groups? Do all users get ranked by priority if they end up in the `<none>` group via autoregroupâing or surplus?