Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_q SECMAN:2007:Failed to end classad message

I did some surface level searching and haven't found much. I will have to dig some more for a concrete answer or someone else will have a solid answer. But going out on a limb I wonder if doing $ sudo systemctl restart condor is somehow disrupting the communications of things and making this error. Maybe try using condor_off & condor_on to restart the system instead and then try condor_q to see if the issue still occurs.

Best,
Cole Bollig

From: HTCondor-users <htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Curtis Spencer <curtis.spencer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2022 6:03 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HTCondor-users] condor_q SECMAN:2007:Failed to end classad message

I recently upgraded HTCondor from v8.6.10 to v9.10.0. Since upgrading, I have encountered this error:

```
$ sudo systemctl restart condor
$ condor_q
SECMAN:2007:Failed to end classad message
```

I found this answer from 14 years ago:

After deleting `CONDO_LOCAL_DIR/spool/job_queue.log`, I was able to get `condor_q` working again. I never had this problem with v8.6.10 but I have encountered it several times with v9.10.0.

I'd like to understand what is causing this problem and if there's a better solution now than removing the `job_queue.log` file.

Thanks,

Curtis