Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor file-transfer vs networked storage

On 2022-08-22 3:35 PM, Matthew T West via HTCondor-users wrote:

Under what conditions does a shared file-server's degrade such that it would be better to work from local scratch, performance and throughput wise?

I suspect it may *always* be better to work off local scratch because of file locking. At which point the overhead becomes noticeable is the $15 question -- I'm sure that depends on your server and network and the jobs too.

Dima