[HTCondor-users] Misspelled requirement

Hi all,

A user in our cluster submitted a job with a typo in its requirements: requestCUPS rather than requestCPUS. Rather than erroring out, the requirement was treated as valid and the job was forever stuck in Idle (since we have no cups in our cluster). Is this the expected behavior? Normally, if there are some errors/typos with the classads or variables the scheduler is pretty good at catching them and reporting shadow exceptions etc. I wonder if the resource requests are treated differently?

Best,

-Jacek K.

--
Jacek Kominek, PhD