Re: [HTCondor-users] Setting up File System Remote authentication

Hi Javier,

Order of evaluation matters with config files, so what's probably happening is that another config file, probably inside the "config.d" directory, is overwriting your change to SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS. I suspect this is because HTCondor 9+ includes a 00-htcondor-9.0.config file, which includes a macro that sets a bunch of security settings, including SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS.

You can get an idea of where an attribute got its value by adding the "-v" flag to "condor_config_val":

# condor_config_val -v SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = IDTOKENS,SCITOKENS,FS,GSI
 # at: /etc/condor/config.d/03_gwms_local.config, line 9
 # raw: SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = IDTOKENS,SCITOKENS,FS

If you create, e.g., a 01-authentication.config file (which will be evaluated after 00-whatever.config), it might be useful to refer to and append to the existing value instead of overwriting the whole thing:

SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = $(SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS),FS_REMOTE

Hope this helps!

Jason Patton