Re: [HTCondor-users] Integrating a novel device

On 1/22/22 1:50 AM, Kandes, Martin wrote:
Hi Condor team,

I was curious if there was an ad-hoc way to integrate a novel device available on nodes in a condor cluster for scheduling. e.g., something that looks kind of like a gpu, but is a different type of accelerator.

Yes. Assuming this accelerator is attached to a cpu in some way (like an FPGA, maybe), you can define it as a "Custom Machine resource".  There is info in the manual about this here: https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html#condor-startd-configuration-file-macros

Or, we have a short video tutorial about this that we gave in the context of GPUs, but will work for other devices as well here:

https://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/tutorials/videos/2014/GPU.html

-greg