Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor_adstash

Hi Thomas,

The Elasticsearch Python client is pretty integral to the adstash code, and currently there are no plans to additionally support the OpenSearch Python client. It's possible that they are similar enough, though, that the libraries' APIs are similar enough that we could support both, though we're already struggling to keep up with Elasticsearch's changing API as is.

An interesting experiment would be to replace the "import elasticsearch" lines in elastic.py and history.py with "import opensearchpy as elasticsearch", and then replace "elasticsearch.Elasticsearch" in elastic.py with "elasticsearch.OpenSearch" and see if adstash then works when the ES knobs are instead pointed to an OpenSearch cluster .

Jason