Re: [HTCondor-users] metascheduler anybody ?

Hi Christoph,

we have used our opportunistic resource meta-scheduler (think cloud bursting but more generic) COBalD/TARDIS for something like this. The initial design case is to acquire resources from other resource providers and integrate them into our own HTCondor pool â think HTC on top of HPC. But we are now also using the tooling to âacquireâ our own resources and âintegrateâ them into other local schedulers for our users â think Spark/YARN, Dask, but also Condor, SLURM if needed.

Weâve been slacking off with publications lately, but thereâs a nice slide set with pictures here for a glimpse of the main ideas:
https://indico.physik.uni-muenchen.de/event/117/contributions/535/attachments/273/638/interactive_distributed_computing_hep_multi_managed_cluster.pdf

Cheers,
Max