Re: [HTCondor-users] wait for stdout

Add  a log statement to your submit file, and then use condor_wait with the log file to wait for the job to complete.

for instance if your submit file is

executable = /bin/sleep

arguments = 60

log = /users/bob/joblog

queue 1

Then you can use condor_wait after you submit to wait for the job to exit.  This works best if you have a new log file for each submit.

condor_submit  job.sub && condor_wait /users/bob/joblog

you can use the -echo argument with condor_wait to watch the progress of the job as matches a machine and then runs there.

-tj