[HTCondor-users] correct split function syntax

Hi all,

I am struggling on how to use split() correctly.

I would like to extract the group name from a job's AccountingGroup by
splitting the ad.
So I tried something like [1.a] - which unfortunately ends up in an
error [1.b].

The default split [2.a] with white spaces as delimiters seem to work 'in
principle' [2.b].
I guess, that the delimiter token argument has to look a bit different?

Cheers and thanks for hints,
  Thomas

[1.a]
JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES = $(JOB_TRANSFORM_NAMES),  FOOTrafo
JOB_TRANSFORM_FooTrafo @=end

#strcat (eval?) for explicit string representation
SET tmpAccountingUser = split(strcat(AccountingGroup),'.')
# SET tmpAccountingUser = split(strcat(AccountingGroup),.)
SET DESYAcctGroupNeu = tmpAccountingUser[0]

@end

[1.b]
> condor_q 1234.0 -af AccountingGroup ConcurrencyLimits DESYAcctGroupNeu
tmpAccountingUser
group_DESY.desytst004 group_DESY.desytst004 error error

[2.a]
SET tmpAccountingUser = split(strcat(AccountingGroup))

[2.b]
> condor_q 1235.0 -af AccountingGroup ConcurrencyLimits DESYAcctGroupNeu
tmpAccountingUser
group_DESY.desytst004 group_DESY.desytst004 group_DESY.desytst004 {
"group_DESY.desytst004" }