[HTCondor-users] Parallel universe as the only universe.

We have only recently dipped a toe into a parallel universe
configuration, and only have a few machines dedicated to this universe.
Recently a new grad student entered the chat, and he would like All The
Machines dedicated to parallel universe, because it's the universe he
cares about, so now it is the the most important. Even after adding more
compute nodes to the parallel universe, he still isn't happy because
some of his jobs are being preempted by other users with better
priority.

He suggested that everything just be changed to parallel universe, and
then people can request a single cpu if their job is not parallel.

I can't find any instances via google telling me anyone has done that,
or why it's a good or bad idea.

Can anyone here opine?

Thanks!

--