Re: [HTCondor-users] Best Practice method to limit number of slots on a machine

Hi Lyle,

you can limit the number of CPUs that are used to create slots (that's if you use partitionable slots) using:

NUM_CPUS -> lie about the number of detected cpus
MAX_NUM_CPUS -> limit the max number of cpus

The numbers should be integer - hence I am not sure if something like '0,75 *  $(DETECTED_CPUS)' will work - you have to try it I guess ;)

If you have static slots it is very easy, just create less slots ...

Best
christoph

--
Christoph Beyer