[HTCondor-users] 2022 European HTCondor Workshop - update

Good news everyone,

We are excited and thankful to be able to confirm that not only three of the core developers of HTCondor but also the project director, Miron Livny, will 'in-person' attend the 2022 European HTCondor Workshop, to be held between 11th and 14th October in Cuneo, Italy!

At the same time the program committee and the local organizer will need to finalize the room bookings for the workshop by the end of the week based on the then registered participants which may seriously limit the number of possible attendees!

Maybe this was not 100% clear in previous announcements for the workshop, but we are not able to provide interactive/online access to the workshop with the usual tools - this is an 'in-person-event' only !!!

Materials and maybe partial recordings will be published later after the workshop in Indico.

Hence if procrastination or doubts about the necessity of travelling kept you from registering for the workshop, we would like to invite you to check out the draft timetable at:

https://indico.cern.ch/event/1174979/timetable/#all

Do not miss this unique opportunity for learning about HTCondor (including the brand-new release features of Condor 10.0 released just 2 weeks before the event) from the team themselves and for providing your feedback to them, as well as exchanging ideas about your experiences and plans with other administrators and users.

Participation is open to all organisations (including companies) and persons interested in HTCondor (and by no means restricted to particle physics and/or academia!) If you know potentially interested persons, don't hesitate to make them aware of this opportunity.

We are happy to be able to continue the series of exciting and successful in person European HTCondor workshops after a 2-year pandemic break and likewise to the famous Italian beer it applies to HTC:

"CONSUMARE PREFERIBILMENTE IN BUONA COMPAGNIA"

(sorry couldn't resist - see you in Cuneo !)

Register at: https://indico.cern.ch/event/1174979

Best
Chris and Christoph
for the program committee