Re: [HTCondor-users] job event logs and time zones

Hello David,

Perhaps setting the event log time timestamps to UTC would fix your issue.

https://htcondor.readthedocs.io/en/latest/admin-manual/configuration-macros.html#EVENT_LOG_FORMAT_OPTIONS

...Tim

On 6/3/24 17:14, David Schultz wrote:
Hi,

I'm using a saved job event log for running some tests in a python application, and noticed that opening the log in different time zones gave a different event timestamp. My guess is that this is because the local time was written into the job event log, and not the unix time.

Is there any good way to "fix" this so it's consistent across time zones, at least when it's read back using the python api?

I also wonder how job event logs handle daylight savings time, and the discontinuity that happens there in local time.

Best,
David Schultz

Tim Theisen (he, him, his)
Release Manager