RE: [condor-users] Scratch Files and Limited Accounts on Windows

Thanks, Mark.  Luckily so far I am using a dedicated cluster so it hasn't been a big deal.  I'm going to try my best to get rid of those pesky scratch files.  Why scratch when memory is plentiful?

Brad

-----Original Message-----
From: marks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:marks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 11:33 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] Scratch Files and Limited Accounts on
Windows

May I ask you why can't you grant Everyone 'Full access' to the scratch
directories? This seems to be the only solution. I guess that the solution of
giving more powerful permissions to the Condor tmp user is unacceptable in
general case.
You might want to use 'runas' windows utility and write batch file which runs
your program with your credentials. It seems to be very insecure, but it might
help.
Mark