Re: [condor-users] Why was job evicted?

After checking my install logs, I realized I had previously upgraded
Condor on runhost to 6.5.3.  The master log should not be showing
6.4.7.  I probably fumble-fingered something on the install, but I
can't point to anything specific.  At any rate I figured I should send
a heads-up that there may (emphasize may, probable user error) be some
problem upgrading condor.  This time I removed the old release first:

        /usr/local/condor/etc/examples/condor.boot stop
        mv /usr/local/condor /usr/local/condor64
        rm /usr/local/bin/condor*
        cd /contrib/condor/condor-6.5.3
        ./condor_install
        mv /usr/local/condor/etc/condor_config \
                /usr/local/condor/etc/condor_config.org
        scp homehost:/usr/local/condor/etc/condor_config /usr/local/condor/etc
        /usr/local/condor/sbin/condor_master
        rm -Rf /usr/local/condor64

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Zachary Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:40:54AM -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:
> > it seems that the schedd is attempting to communicate with the startd but
> > is being ignored because it is trying to restart an invalid session.  this
> > problem should be handled automatically by condor, but there was a bug in
> > the 6.4 series that prevented this from happening after a session timed
> > out, which is probably what you are seeing.  this bug was fixed in 6.5.0.
>
> ah, i missed this in your email:
>
>   runhost(RedHat 7.0)  is running Condor 6.4.7 Jan 26 2003.
>   homehost(RedHat 9.0) is running Condor 6.5.3 Jul  2 2003
>   mgrhost(HP-UX 11.0)  is running Condor 6.5.3 Jul  1 2003
>
> upgrading runhost to 6.5.3 should fix the problem.
>
> cheers,
> -zach
>
> Condor Support Information:
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/condor-support/
> unsubscribe condor-users <your_email_address>

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from
disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please
inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any
printed copy.   Thank you.