RE: [condor-users] Condor newbie question

Thanks, BTB!

That was exactly the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Belay T Beshah [mailto:belay.beshah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:16 AM
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] Condor newbie question

>I'm attempting to install condor on a couple of windows boxes, one
>running win2k and one running winxp pro. I tried 6.4 and 6.5 with the
>same results:
>
>One machine was set up to create a new pool and one was set up to join
>the existing pool. Condor_status sees both machines, but any attempt to
>submit a job results in the job being queued to the local machine. It
>never gets started on the other machine!

use "condor_q -analyze" to see if  your job is rejecting the machine, if
so make sure that your job submission file contains all the operating
systems you want your program to run on. By default it puts the same
architecture and operating system into the description file so if you
have two flavours of windows it might not start. Here is what we added
to all "*.sub" files (condor 6.4),

# Define all supported flavours of windows
Windows = (OpSys == "WINNT40" || OpSys == "WINNT50" || OpSys == "WINNT51")

# Add any requirements(memory, disk) for the job, that the machine that
executes
Requirements = $(Windows)

Hope that  helps

BTB