[condor-users] understanding RANK, user priorities, and exemption

Hi,

I have effectively divided our users into three classes by definining

UWMLSC = (Owner == "ballen" || Owner == "patrick" || Owner == "duncan" \
        || Owner == "jolien" || Owner == "agw" || Owner == "siemens" \
        || Owner == "skoranda" || Owner == "dsmackin" || Owner == "saikat" \
        || Owner == "sfairhur" || Owner == "emessarit" )

LSC = (Owner == "julien" || Owner == "papa" || Owner == "rrahkola" \
        || Owner == "tania" || Owner == "rejean" || Owner == "warren" \
        || Owner == "charlie" )

I set

RANK = ($(LSC)) + ( 10 * ($(UWMLSC)))

and so machines always prefer UWMLSC jobs more than LSC jobs, and LSC
jobs more than other jobs, and this is exactly what I want.

However, I also want this to be the case no matter what the user
priorities. I never want a LSC job to ever preempt a UWMLSC job, and I
never want some other user to ever preempt a LSC or UWMLSC job.

Within the user classes I would like the normal Condor fair-share
policies to be in effect.

I imagine I need to edit PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS in order to prevent
the negotiator from preempting UWMLSC and/or LSC jobs.

If I use 'Owner' in this conext does it refer to the Owner of the
running job or the submitted job?

Scott

Condor Support Information: