Re: [condor-users] globus -> condor matching problem

Requirements = (OpSys == "LINUX" && Arch == "INTEL") && (Disk >=
DiskUsage) && ((Memory * 1024) >= ImageSize) && (FileSystemDomain ==
"silica.esc.cam.ac.uk")

I find the FileSystemDomain interesting, and I bet it is the problem.

Now this is untrue, as I can submit the same job directly from
silica.esc.cam.ac.uk (using a vanilla universe) and it runs on one of
three free matching platforms.

When you submit jobs locally, do you tell Condor to transfer files?

My best guess is one of two things:

1) You don't have a shared filesystem between your computers, but the Condor submit file generated by Globus doesn't tell Condor to transfer files.

2) You have a shared filesystem between your computers, but Condor doesn't know, because of the FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN configuration variable.

If the problem is #2, then read about FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN in the Condor manual.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.5/3_3Configuration.html#sec:Shared-Filesystem-Config-File-Entries

If it is problem #1, then it's a bit trickier. You may need to mess with Globus to adjust the submit file that it creates. (See condor.pm.)

If it is neither of these problems, let us know and we'll keep probing.

-alain