Re: [condor-users] Dagman script problem.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Paul Wilson wrote:

> I'm trying out Dagman to shorten some jobs, and having problems getting
> condor to run any of my pre/post scripts.
> The first job in the DAG runs fine, then the whole thing stops at the
> first post script.
> Whether it's post A or pre B doesnt' make anydifference.
>
> The following is an example of ome of the post scripts to run between
> each job.
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 zhimei   users         178 Nov 27 17:04 copyPreStep2.sh
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> cp /home/step1/REVCON /home/step2/CONFIG
> cp /home/step1/REVIVE /home/step2/REVOLD
> cp /home/step1/FIELD /home/step2/FIELD
> cp /home/step1/CONTROL /home/step2/CONTROL
> /usr/bin/perl preStep1.pl
> chmod a+w /home/zhimei/test-step/step2/*
>
> exit 1

Here's your problem. By convention, unix programs exit with value 0 to
indicate success and non-zero to indicate failure. Since your script is
exitting with value 1, DAGMan thinks it failed. You can look in the DAGMan
Applications section of the Condor manual to find out more about how
DAGMan reacts to program exit codes.