Re: [condor-users] Output files not being returned upon preemption(transfer_files = ALWAYS)

Actually, don't forget to make sure that
  when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT_OR_EVICT

According to Condor's manual this is the setting you want.

Good luck!

Alexander

David Vestal wrote:
Alexander,

I think I've read about your experiences with symptoms like these in http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/condor-users/msg00129.html, with the following differences: In that issue, the CONDOR_SHADOW exit value was 100, and CONDOR_SHADOW exited almost immediately after job acceptance, whereas in my log the exit value is 107, CONDOR_SHADOW exited when the job vacated.

I took Zach's advice from that thread by adding to the Central Manager's config file (unsuccessfully):
SEC_DEFAULT_SESSION_DURATION = 8640000

I was preempting the job by interacting with the node, not with condor_vacate. However, I tried preempting it with condor_vacate, with the same result. The files do not appear in the condor spool directory either.

I note with interest that in that past issue, as well as in mine, these errors are in the node's StartLog:
10/7 12:22:52 dynuser: LsaRemoveAccountRights Failed winerr=87l
10/7 12:22:53 Error: can't find resource with capability (<192.168.1.21:1112>#1709965739)

However, I can't find what windows error 871 is; it doesn't appear in MSDN (http://tinyurl.com/3xt6m) or in Winerror.h.

Could this indicate some sort of misconfiguration of the condor dynamic user? If so, could that explain why output files of vacated jobs aren't returned? I should note that my Central Manager and the node are WinXP, and that I'm using Condor 6.4.7.

In response to J Kewley, unfortunately, I can't specify the output files specifically. They'll vary a good deal depending on what jobs are submitted, and I won't know them in advance.

Thanks to both of you,
David
Condor Support Information: