Re: [condor-users] Scaling to hundreds, then thousands of nodes

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:57:31AM -0600, Alain Roy wrote:

> >1) We're using a single machine as the central manager and the only submit
> >machine.  Is this inappropriate?
>
> In general, I like to see multiple submit points and a distinct central
> manager if you have thousands of jobs. It's more likely to scale easily for
> you.

Besides the scalibilty issues, it's a good idea to not allow access to the
central manaer. By default, Condor gives HOSTALLOW_ADMINISTRATOR access to
the central manager. If you're letting people submit from the central manager,
you're basically giving them administrator access to the pool.

If you're using stronger authentication, then this isn't an issue.

-Erik
Condor Support Information: