From: Michal Sankot [mailto:sankotm@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 March 2004 10:36
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [condor-users] problem with Java execution

> 1. Java detection: condor uses several entries in the configuration file
> to detect java. They are usually somewhere in the end. One of them is
> JAVA, which should point to valid java executable. Check that it's true
> for you.

It is. It points to:
JAVA = c:\winnt\system32\java.exe
#JAVA = c:\progra~1\java\J2RE14~1.2\bin\java.exe
#JAVA = c:\progra~1\java\J2SDK1~1.2\bin\java.exe

When it didn't work, I tried to point it to other java.exe's (the other two
lines), using non-spaced names, but it didn't help either.

> 2. Big jar. Here's what you can do: add your jars (offline) to the
> condor lib directory , or where ever you want it, and add them to the
> classpath in the configuration file : JAVA_CLASSPATH_DEFAULT. If you
> have the same application to run all the time, that will do the job.
> This way you won't have to specify them in the submission file.

Hmm, that wouldn't help though.
Situation is, that I have transformation devices (like translets) packed in
jars, which always contain class of fixed name, which carries out the
execution (let's call it Transform for example). In my script I need to call
different translets, so I'd need them all on classpath. It that case though,
Transform class from one jar would override Transform class from the other.

When I call it from the script, I can put only required translet on
classpath and Transform class I execute is the one I want.

Michal

Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\lib\i386\jvm.cfg'

Condor Support Information:

Gloucester Research Limited believes the information
provided herein is reliable. While every care has been
taken to ensure accuracy, the information is furnished
to the recipients with no warranty as to the completeness
and accuracy of its contents and on condition that any
errors or omissions shall not be made the basis for any
claim, demand or cause for action.