[condor-users] Windows NT 4.0 support

To our Condor for Windows users:

We are considering dropping support for Windows NT 4.0. That is, we will
only support Condor for Windows on Windows 2000, XP, and above. There
are two main reasons for this:

1. Microsoft is End-of-Life'ing NT4 as of December 31, 2004. This means
no more security hot fixes or incident support.

2. There is a growing number of functions we use (or would like to use)
in the Win32 API that only exist on Windows 2000 and above. Up until now
we've done our best to dynamically load such functions at runtime, but
it makes for messy code, and mixed behavior depending on the OS version.

Our general feeling is that most users have already migrated from Windows
NT4 and wouldn't mind if we stopped supporting it. Just the same, we
would like to gauge the impact of this decision on our users, should we
decide to go through with it.

If you feel strongly about this, please let us know!

thanks,
Colin
Condor Support Information: