Re: [condor-users] condor_advertise and condor_g

David Wallom wrote:

Having worked through the manual to configure how to
advertise nodes for matchmaking I have run into a problem with the
example from the manual.

When I use this (with obvious alterations for name etc) and then run
condor_advertise it comes back in condor_status with

(Omitted malformed ad in computed attribute total)

This is expected. Your site ad doesn't contain all of the fields expected by condor_status when displaying the table. Use condor_status -l instead. You should be able to find an entry for your site in the output.

and won't run anything using

globusscheduler= $$(gatekeeper_url)

One likely cause of trouble is that your job is getting matched against some other machine in your pool, rather than the site ClassAd. The substitution of $$(gatekeeper_url) then fails and the job stays idle. You can see if this is happening by looking in the Condor SchedLog. You will see error messages relating to the failed substitution.

You can solve this problem by changing the requirement expressions:

In the site ClassAd:

requirements = (CurMatches < 10) && (TARGET.JobUniverse == 9)

In the job submit file:

requirements = TARGET.gatekeeper_url =!= UNDEFINED

Dan Bradley

Condor Support Information: