Re: [condor-users] condor 6.6.2 install on RHEL 3

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 06:37:01PM +0200, Alain Rogister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get Condor up and running under RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
> on a single host. I first tried the statically linked RedHat 9 build,
> but the code samples failed to compile. With the dynamically linked
> build, the samples compile with a few warnings and the master, schedd,
> collector and negotiator daemons start. However, the following error is
> reported in the StartLog:

<...>

> and submitted jobs remain in the queue. I have performed the
> installation with condor_configure --install
> --type=submit,execute,manager as user "condor" and have not modified the
> generated config files.

See this thread:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~lists/archive/condor-users/msg00926.html

Check to see if there's a start expression in either the main
condor_config file, or if there's on in condor_config.local

> Has Condor 6.6.2 been tested with RHEL 3 or is that an unsupported config ?

It's technically unsupported. It's close enough to Redhat 9 that it
should just work.

-Erik
Condor Support Information: