Re: [condor-users] getcwd on migrated process

Anton Selikhov wrote:
> I'm trying to use Condor Stand-Alone Checkpointing to migrate tasks
> between hosts running Linux 2.4.9. Checkpointing is performed by
> implicit call to ckpt_and_exit(). When restarted, the process executes
> system function getcwd(), which actually returns the local path of the
> code before restart, while it restarts in different directory of another
> host.
> How to make getcwd() returning the right current working directory?

Hi Anton,

I have tried the same thing and run into the same problem. The condor team are
aware of this limitation with the checkpointing mechanism and I believe that
they have a fix for it. I'm not sure when it will be in a release, though.

Cheers,
Duncan.

--
Duncan Brown                                  University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                 Physics Department, 1900 E. Kenwood